If you want to change your computer name or admin name, then read this guide.
Note that you have administrator access to change your account name in any Windows version. From Windows 8, Microsoft allows users to sync their Microsoft account. You can use your Microsoft account to login into your system. If you want to change your Microsoft account name, you have to make changes to your Microsoft account.
There are three different methods to change your username in Windows 10.
Change the Account Name in Windows 10 with Control Panel
1. Press Windows Key + R Key to open a run menu. You can also open it from the Start menu (open the start menu and search for “RUN”).
2. In run box, type “control userpasswords2” -> press Enter.
3. Choose username from the User Accounts list that wants to modify > then click on “Properties.”
4. Now in the username text field, enter the new username that you want.
5. Click Apply > OK.
6. Your username should change as early as you next sign out.
How to Change the account username on Windows 10?
Follow these steps to change the account name in Windows 10 using Windows settings.
Step 1: Open Settings with Win + I button and then go to accounts.
Step 2: Now click on Your info and then go to Manage my Microsoft account.
Step 3: It will open a Microsoft website. Login to your Microsoft account.
Step 4: Now click on your info button and click on edit name.
Step 5: Enter your name and click on save. Restart your computer to save changes.
Change account name using Computer Management
To apply another name on your Windows 10 account with the help of Computer Management, practice these steps:
- Click on Start > Computer Management > click on system tools.
- Open Local Users and Groups branch > Users.
- Right-click the account and choose the Properties option.
- Select the General tab > Enter a new name in the full name text box.
- Apply and then an OK button.
Above we have shared the easiest ways to change username in Windows 10. Share your views in the comment box.
More from our site:
- How To Disable Windows 10 Update
- How To Change Primary Monitor on Windows 10
- How to Split Screen on Windows 10 (Dual Screens)