The Corsair hs50 mic not working on windows is a common issue faced by most of the Corsair users using the device.
Sometimes, the problem may occur due to some of the misconfigurations faced in the audio settings. Also, if your driver is not updated, you can face this mic problem. Here are some working solutions to fix Corsair Mic issue on Windows 10.
How to Fix Corsair HS50 mic not working issue
We have tested these solutions and working for us. If you are using Windows 10, then the below solutions will work for you.
Fix 1: Enable Microphone in Windows Settings
First of all, you should allow your Windows10 system and your application to access your headset microphone before you can use it. To check this:
1. Press the Windows logo key + I together. Then click Privacy.
2. In the left panel, click on the microphone.
3. You will see a change option, then make sure the microphone access for this device is turned on.
4. Allow access to your microphone must be turned on in apps.
Fix 2: Change the audio settings
If your driver is entirely OK and nothing is wrong in that, then maybe the audio settings on your pc, is the reason for the problem. To fix this Corsair HS50 microphone problem, you can try changing your sound settings.
1. In your notifications area, right-click on the volume icon and click on the sound image.
2. Choose the Recording tab, and just after that check microphone is set as default. When you set it to default, you will see a green icon.
3. Click on the default microphone, and then click on the Properties button.
4. Click on the level tab, then drag the slider to the most significant value.
To unmute, drag the slider and adjust the microphone.
5. Click OK to save your settings.
Also Read: How to Fix Windows 10 Mouse lag
Fix 3: Update Audio Driver
There are two methods to update your audio driver: manually and automatically.
Manual driver update
In this method, you have to download all the corsair hs50 headset drivers manually from the manufacturer’s website. Open the website and download drivers. Also, you have to install them manually. The process is a little bit technical.
Automatic driver update
You can download and install all the required drivers automatically using driver update tools. Driver Easy is one of the most trusted driver installers for Windows 10.
I will help you to find the correct driver for your audio card and your Windows system.
Download and install Driver Easy.
1. Start driver easy run and click on scan now.
2. Driver Easy will scan your computer as well as to detect problem drivers if any.
3. You will see an Update button, next to flagged audio driver, click on it to download it automatically, and to install its correct version of that driver (with Free version you can do it).
4. Click on update all to automatically download and install the correct version of that driver that is missing or out of date on your system.
Restart your PC, after updating the driver, then try your Corsair HS50 mic and check if your problem is solved or not.
Now make sure that you have the correct setting for your Corsair hs50 headset mic. Here is a complete guide to setup Corsair hs50 mic on your Windows 10.
How to set up the Corsair hs50 headset?
On your Windows taskbar, turn on and enable Corsair audio device and choose windows option if in case it does automatically set your Corsair audio device, then put the output sound on the default option.
Your Windows device will frequently try to adjust to default settings and then to the sound settings, and now you set the settings according to your wish on your device. Even if you face any problems in the program, then for this you need to open before you try to enable your headset.
In any case, if you close the programs and for this, you need to reopen your application, and after that, you will be enabled to set up your headset, and for this, you need to try and hear them through your headset.
To enable your headset for use, you need to follow these steps:
Step-1: On your Windows device, go to the taskbar panel and right-click on the volume icon.
Then click on Sound Setting.
Step 2: Now, scroll down and click on the sound control panel.
Step-3: In the list, right-click on your headset.
Step-4: And, select “Set as the Default device.
How to check the Corsair hs50 Audio Device?
Try and check your audio device first.
Then try to check all your device’s connection.
The mic on the Corsair HS50 is removable, so check your device connection and also check your mic connection. You have to use a Y cable to the plugin, if your PC/laptop doesn’t utilize 2-in-1 stereo/mic jacks, to plug them separately in their appropriate jacks.
On the left ear cup, make sure the mic is not on mute.
Use another device and check Plug your headset (e.g., your mobile phone)
After trying the above solutions, still, your microphone is not working, then you need to contact the Corsair for their support service and have your hard set serviced. And if the device is working correctly with other devices, then definitely it’s not your device’s problem. Even now, if it is not working, you can try these Fixes.
The Corsair hs50 mic not working on windows is a common issue faced by most of the users using the device. All of the solutions provided in this article will help you to resolve the Corsair hs50 mic not working issue.