A few days ago, Microsoft released its updated ISO file for its new updates OS called Windows 10 S is now listed on is official MSDN website. So if you have MSDN subscription, then you can easily download Windows 10 S for free. The ISO files can be used to set up Windows 10 S in a virtual server or on real PC hardware like old Windows 10.
However, many users don’t have MSDN subscriptions, however, so hopefully, Microsoft will make Windows 10 S ISO files more widely available later on. Here in this guide, we are going to share how to download and install the new Windows 10 S on your Surface Pro for Free.
Also Read: install Hyper-V on Windows 10
Windows 10 S is a unique version of a new operating system. It also includes some new security features, and the OS is completely dedicated to education. Microsoft last week made it accessible for programmers, and from now anyone can download and install it.
How to Download and Install Windows 10 S
Firstly visit this page here and download Windows 10 S installer.
It’s important to remember that while it is possible to set up Windows 10 S on devices running different editions of Windows 10.
- To start with, you can download and install it on your existing installation of Windows 10.
- We also advise that you back up your programs and other documents for safety.
- Make sure that Windows 10 Creators Update v1703 installed.
- The install of Windows 10 S additionally requires the user to be running version 1703 of Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Pro Instruction, Windows 10 Education, or Windows 10 Enterprise. Windows 10 Home isn’t supported.
- The installer of Windows 10 S will guide you to install this new update. All you have to do it, just download it and open it.
- The installer will check the computer and download the necessary files.
This will install new Windows 10 S OS. But there is one more method that you can use and that is clean Windows 10 S installation. Yes, First, download Windows 10 S ISO file and make Bootable USB drive or CD drive to install Windows 10 S.
How to change back
The first and easy method to go back is Recovery. Use Recovery and restore your system. You can also install new OS completely with clean Windows Installation.
Thanks for reading our detailed guide to installing new Windows 10 S on your Surface Pro and Windows Laptops.