Are you a Windows user, if yes, then you might have encountered DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error that usually appears after when you update to latest version of Windows 10. Taking about DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, it is one of the most annoying and frustrating error. In this case, all you want to do is to Fix this Windows 10 error so that you may not encounter next time Bluescreen Error DPC Watchdog Violation error. This DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error often occurs with a frozen mouse pointer or with the failure of the program being launched on your system after you upgrade the operating system. This DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error is followed by the system crash or blue screen of death commonly called as BSOD which is surely very troublesome for users. DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION Blue Screen in Windows 10 results from various factors like if your hardware is incompatible, faulty drivers or there are some corrupted system files.
What is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION?
To be more specific, this is a very common error message that is shown up in Windows system especially Windows 10 if the SSD drive of your system is corrupted or not updated to latest version. Hence the problem is encountered in your hardware components that create an issue that makes you look for how to fix DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Windows 10. Apart from this, you can also see this error of DPC watchdog violation at the time when you boot your system.
After when you install the new hardware or software, it is most likely that you may come across the death of blue screen error. Well here are few symptoms enlisted that so that you can keep track of blue screen error.
- DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error when appears it crashes the active program window.
- Sometimes “STOP Error 0x133: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION” is also displayed
- Windows gets shut down to due to some problem to prevent the damage to your computer.
- This error 0x133 frequently comes with the crashing of Window during running the same program.
- “The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION” bug check has a value of 0x00000133 which indicates that DPC watchdog is executed due to some prolonged problem in your system
- Windows is running sluggishly, and response to mouse or keyboard input is very slow
- The system “freezes” periodically for a few seconds at a time.
Also Read: How to Enter Windows 10 Safe Mode
There are many reasons responsible for the DPC watchdog violation error and here are listed few-
- If you have incorrectly configured, old, or corrupted drivers.
- Windows registry is corrupted due to recent software change
- Corrupted Windows system files due to malware or viruses
- Driver conflict after installation of any new hardware.
- After when you have installed software or drivers related to Windows Operating System, there are damaged or removed system files
- DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION STOP error may also occur due to memory corruption.
How to fix DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error?
After now when you have known so much about blue screen death error the first thing you will want to look for is how to fix DPC Watchdog Violation Error. So here is the complete guide that will resolve your issue and will get back your system to the healthy version.
Method 1- Turn off Fast Startup
Step 1- Go to Start button and choose Control Panel. In control panel menu choose Power Options.
Step 2- From the left side of the panel, choose what the power button does.
Step 3- Then choose change settings that are currently unavailable from the window that opens.
Step 4- Scroll down a little and you will find Turn on fast startup option. Uncheck this option to turn it off.
Step 5- Then click on Save Changes and Exit to save the changes.
Method 2- Check for Corrupted Hard Drive
Step 1- Press Windows Key and in the search box type cmd. Right click on the option of Command prompt and then hit the Run as administrator option.
Step 2- A window will open asking for administrator permission just click on Yes.
Step 3- A command window will open, type in the box the command as chkdsk c: /f /r. Hit the enter button. Then type Y so that you check it again when you next start the computer.
Step 4- Now reboot the computer so that Windows may check for hard disk.
Method 3- Update Chipset Driver
Step 1- To begin with go to Device Manager.
Step 2- Locate the option and expand IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.
Step 3- Then right click the controller option that carries the name SATA ACHI in it and chooses Properties.
Step 4- You must verify that you have chosen the right controller. For this go to Driver and tap the details option.
Step 5- Search for the driver listed as iaStorA.sys. Then click on OK button to exit.
Step 6- Go back to Properties window and then under Driver tab chose to Update driver.
Step 7- Then choose the option Browse my computer for driver software.
Step 8- Then choose Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
Step 9- Look for Standard SATA AHCI Controller from the list and choose it. Then press Next to continue and complete the rest of the procedure as instructed.
Step 10- To let all the changes take place you need to restart your computer.
If in case your Windows or system does not find the driver that is needed or is correct one then you can take the help of Driver Easy that is capable of detecting, downloading and installing the correct drivers needed.
Method 4- Reinstall display driver in safe mode-
To use this method to fix the problem of DPC watchdog violation error first you need to make sure that you have downloaded the correct drivers.
Step 1- Press keys Win+R altogether. This will open a Run dialog box. Then type the command msconfig then hit the Enter option.
Step 2- In that box look for Boot tab and under boot drop down menu tick on Safe mode option. Choose Network and then click Ok to continue.
Step 3- The go for Restart option.
Step 4- Now you will need to go to Safe mode and then to Device Manager. Here locate and expand the Display adapters.
Step 5- From the drop-down menu of Display adapters choose the option to uninstall.
Step 6- A dialog box will appear with confirm box. Click on OK.
Step 7- Restart your computer now in Normal mode. Then as instructed install, the driver software needed.
Method 5- To Install all the available Window updates-
When you update your Windows to the latest version, it may happen that all the updates have not been installed in your system and there DPC watchdog violation Bluescreen death may occur. To fix this, you can follow these steps-
- Step 1- Go to the Start button.
- Step 2- In the search box type update and hit the enter button.
- Step 3- The dialog box with windows update will appear.
- Step 4- If any updates are available then click on the install updates option.
Method 6- Use Windows System Restore-
This method to restore back the system can fix the associated DPC watchdog violation error through these steps-
- Step 1- Click the Start menu button.
- Step 2- In the search box type, the command system restore. Hit the enter button.
- Step 3- The window will appear, in that click System Restore
- Step 4- If asked then enter the administrator password.
- Step 5- Follow the steps as instructed in Wizard window.
- Step 6- Restore your computer by restarting it again.
Well by following any of the above methods you will see that the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Issue Fixed by you. All these methods are authentic, and within few minutes your Windows 10 will work again without any trouble. Try any one of them, and you need to worry no more as your PC is now fully loaded with drivers and is ready to be used by you.