Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) is a data verification method that checks the accuracy of the data on the disks like hard disk, optical disk, CD, DVD, etc. It also detects changes in the raw data.
The CRC error comes into light whenever there is file corruption, cluttered disk, hard drive corruption, unfinished program installation, or any such alike issues.
Sometimes when users copy files to the hard drive, they get an error message such as data error (cyclic redundancy check). This error simply indicates that there is some possible issue with the hard drive or the files. Let’s get to know how to fix it.
How to Fix Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check)?
The CRC error is a standard error and needs immediate attention as it may cause further damage to your files. Here are some methods that can help you fix data error cyclic redundancy check in the best way possible.
Solution 1: Run SFC Scan
SFC or System File Checker is something you can try out to fix this CRC error. Here’s how you can run an SFC Scan.
- Connect your storage drive.
- Go to Start Menu and then command prompt.
- Right-click on it and choose Run as administrator.
- Type sfc/scannow and hit Enter to start the SFC Scan.
- It will automatically detect corrupted files and also fix them. Try this method out and check if the error is solved for you.
Solution 2: Repair Drive – CHKDSK Utility
You can also repair the drive to get rid of the stated error. CHKDSK Utility detects problematic areas of your hard disk and fixes them. Follow these steps to repair your drive.
Step 1: At first, go to Start Menu > Command Prompt.
Step 2: Right-click on it and choose Run as administrator.
Step 3: Now in the cmd window, type chkdsk /f drive name:
Step 4: In place of “drive name,” put the drive you are having a problem with.
Step 5: Hit Enter and let the utility check your drive thoroughly.
Step 5: The process may time if there too many files on the targeted drive.
Step 6: Let the process finish and then restart your system. Once done, check if the CRC error is gone.
Solution 3: Third-party data recovery tool
You can use any reliable third-party data recovery tool to fix the stated error. Let’s take an example of the “Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Windows.” You can try out any tool you desire. Just follow these steps.
- At first, download Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Windows software on your PC.
- Connect the storage device and open the software.
- Check the All Data option to recover all the files. Or you can also choose an individual checkbox.
- Hit Next and select the connected storage device.
- Enable Deep Scan and let it scan your entire system.
- Once done, choose the files you want to recover by clicking the respective checkboxes.
- Click Browse to choose the location where you want to save these recovered files.
- Finally, hit the Start Saving button, and you are good to go.
- Files will be successfully recovered in your chosen location.