A Comprehensive Step By Step Guide To Understanding And Solving The DNS Probe Finished Nxdomain Error: It is not hard to understand how network errors appearing on web pages that you wish to open can considerably ruin your experience on the internet and therefore, it becomes necessary for you as a regular internet user to learn of and understand the reasons for certain commonly observed problems persisting in this field.
A lot of times it so happens that you might attempt to open a web page or a site for your urgent needs and find out that the web page you got directed to, is not loading. This problem is usually observed more commonly in Chrome but also in other popularly used web browsers and therefore, it is urgent for this problem to be fixed or for you to at least know the basics to be able to fix it yourself without any help.
In most cases, the error code that reads dns_probe_finished_nxdomain appears on your screen when you attempt to open certain web pages. This code that reads DNS probe finished nxdomain chrome in the case you are trying to open the page with Google Chrome happens because the particular DNS lookup that operates on the web page has failed to make it difficult for you to gain access to the web page.
How to Fix DNS Probe Finished Nxdomain Error
There are a wide number of easy ways and comprehensive solutions in which you can learn how to solve this problem without much hassle or hardcore technological configurations that take a lot of time to finish. This article will walk you through all the information you need to learn how to solve the problems within a dns_probe_finished_nxdomain showing web page be it in Chrome or any other web browser that you may regularly use.
All you are required to do is try and configure the page according to the network requirements it needs to freely load at the first try and for your experience of surfing online to not be marred in any way.
Method 1: Consider Switching The DNS Address
In most cases, the DNS probe finished nxdomain chrome problem can be addressed at its root, without any added number of technical upgradations by simply considering the concept of changing the DNS address of the chrome DNS probe finished nxdomain web page, which might considerably ease the lookup failing which makes it difficult for you to access the information and infographics provided on the web page. You will need to follow just a few steps in order to change the address and they are listed as follows:
- Step 1: You will be required to right click on the Network Icon and then click on Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Step2: You will then have to click on the Change Adapter Settings option present on the top left side of the drop down menu.
- Step3: Then right click on the active Network Connection option whichever it might be among WiFi, Lan or Ethernet and then click on the Properties option.
- Step4: Make sure to then select the Internet Protocol Version and click on Properties once again.
- Step5: At last, you will have to Click Use some DNS server addresses, after which you will have to add the server address and click on the OK option. The server addresses are as follows: Preferred DNS Server: 22.214.171.124 and Alternate DNS Server: 126.96.36.199.
Once you have successfully carried out all of these steps, your DNS address should ideally be altered fixing the DNS probe finished nxdomain windows 10 error of any particular web page.
Method 2: Making Use Of CMD Also Known As Command Prompt
Putting Command Prompt to use in cases where the server of a certain web page shows error akin to the DNS probe finished nxdomain error can be quite helpful. A few simple steps which will help you to achieve that are listed below:
- Step 1: You have the option of either running the CMD as an acting administrator of the operations or keep the Command Prompt option open as an admin overseeing the entire thing.
- Step 2: Another way to fix the dns_probe_finished_nxdomain error is by then running the commands one after the other in quick successions underneath, to ensure smooth functioning.
Once you have done your bit to seek help from and activate the Command Prompt option for administering, you are advised to shut down your system, restart it once again, check your network connection and try to reopen the web page which was showing the DNS probe finished nxdomain chrome problem. If the problem still persists, you must not lose heart and try to avail the third option by which the error can guarantee to be fixed.
Method 3: Resetting Flag Setting Come To The Much Needed Rescue
It is important to understand that precision and targeting the problem at its inception are the two mandates. In the case that you have not been able to successfully change the DNS address or properly activate and make use of the Command Prompt option as the acting admin, you will be required to embark upon the slightly more advanced task of resetting flag settings that will, without fail, fix the dns_probe_finished_nxdomain that affects most average internet user. You will be required to just follow a couple of simple steps in order to do so and they are listed below:
- Step 1: You must first type on the chrome://flags/ option provided in the address bar and then press the Enter button.
- Step 2: The next step to follow is to click on the Reset all to default option button that appears on the right side. After you have done so, go for the Relaunch Google Chrome option to finish the process.
This process has proven quite effective in fixing the dns_probe_finished_nxdomain error, in most cases when all other options fail and makes sure to extricate the error at its base.
It is therefore advised to you to not lose patience and give up the need to look at any particular web page simply because such a problem is observed when with a few simple steps you can fix the problem with the guarantee that it will never appear again.
These particular solutions to the DNS server loading problem owing to the fact that certain DNS addresses sometimes fail in their lookup have been followed successfully by many avid Internet users and they have left behind a host of good feedback on the efficacy of them.
Did you try these tricks? Let us know in the comments section!