Previously we use SHIFT+F8 to enter into safe mode but it will not work with Windows 10 OS. Windows 10 has disabled all the previous ways to enter into safe mode. In this article, we are going to share how you can access Windows 10 Safe Mode.
Enter Windows 10 Safe Mode
Read all methods and then decide which one do you want to use and which one you think is the easiest way to use.
Method 1: Use the Shift + Restart
One way to enter the safe mode in Windows 10 is by pressing Shift + Restart. Follow these steps-
- Open the start menu on your PC or laptop.
- Click or tap on the power button in the menu of Windows 10
- Hold the shift key and select the restart button.
You can also do this from your sign-in page. There is a power button on the right corner of the screen.
Then Windows 10 will reboot. Options will be laid and you’ll have to select any one of it. You’ll have to select the troubleshoot option to enter into the safe mode in Windows 10.
Here is an image of how the options will look.
- Choose Startup settings in the advanced options
- After selecting the startup settings option, Windows 10 will notify you to restart your device to change the boot option, enabling the safe mode.
- Opt Restart
Here is an image that will show on your screen after you opt for Startup settings options.
After rebooting the system, it is up to you to select which boot option you want to enable.
Here are the options that will pop up after your laptop/computer restarts.
Here is an image to show you the options.
- To start working in windows 10 safe mode–
- Press F5 to enable- Safe mode with networking.
- Press F6 to enable Safe Mode
- Press F4 to enable working in safe mode.
Method 2: Use system configuration tool
It is the easiest method to boot into the safe mode is to use the system configuration tool. It is also mentioned as msconfig.exe.
One of the easiest ways to start the configuration tool is that you can use the run window.
- Press Windows+R and the run box will open up.
- Type msconfig and click on okay.
Another way to open the system configuration tool is to open it from the taskbar. Go to the taskbar and type- System Configuration Tool and select it.
You can see the system configuration tool in the taskbar search option. It is one of the easiest and suitable ways.
- Select the boot tab
- Opt for Safe boot
- Now select and click OK
Here is an image to give you an idea of how the options will turn out to be.
After clicking on OK, a notification will pop to instruct you to restart your PC, and then your PC will automatically boot into safe mode.
Method 3: Boot from recovery mode
You can also use the Recovery Drive.
- Firstly create the USB recovery drive and boot from this device.
- Firstly it will āsk you to choose the layout.
- Select the one you want to use.
- After selecting the layout, opt for troubleshooting.
- After selecting troubleshoot, go back to troubleshoot and look for further steps in step 1 given above.
These are the steps to enter your computer into a safe mode. These are the best and easy steps to help you get into the safe mode without any trouble.