In this article, you will learn how to use the Split Screen on Windows 10. You will get to know about the advantages and disadvantages of using dual screens.
You will also learn how to split screen on the window in two as well as four screens, and at last, you will get to know about Snap Assist.
Split Screen on Windows 10
Split screen is a new component on Windows 10 that will help a user to make their screen split vertically or horizontally. This feature enables the user to see multiple files at once, as well as multiple sections of the same document at once.
It is used to increase productivity as it enables the user to work at multiple files at once instead of toggling the windows. It also makes it possible to run multiple apps at the same time.
It is also very possible if you are having only a single monitor on a PC using Windows. This feature can be used on both laptops and PC monitors, and the process for both is the same.
Advantages of Split Screen
- Production Capacity increases to a great extent
- Multiple programs are often used by designers
- User can keep Email or Twitter up on One screen
- It allows for flexibility and works well with laptop
- Using split-screen feature data can be easily shared between more than one application
- Users can access all the other data while using Skype or any other video calling service
Disadvantages of Split Screen
- It causes more distractions
- Takes too much space
- Potential lack of resources
- Space available at the desk can be easily hinder
Why to use Split Screen on Windows?
Split-screen is very useful when a user wanted or needed to view some font from some app while using others, it also very useful when a user wanted to choose some content from one app to add it on to some other. A general example is opening any video app and selecting the videos you want to add to an email.
Related Article – Fix Vertical Lines on the Computer Screen
Guide to Split Screen on Windows (Dual Screens)
Windows 10 has some has split-screen feature inbuilt, which makes it easy to split the screen as well as snap windows into parts.
Split the screen between two programs on windows?
1. Select the program on the window that you want it on the side of the screen.
Double click title bar and then drag it to another side of the display till the mouse pointer does not touch the edge of the bar.
As soon as this happens, you will see the screen briefly flash, and light will outline the window, and it will appear on the screen.
Release the mouse button gently.
2. Your current open window should now be snapped to the side of the screen. You will see all the other open programs appear on the opposite side of the screen.
3. Click on the other program that you want to open to the other side of the screen. It will automatically adjust to the opposite side. So now you have two screens.
Split Screen between three or four windows
1. Click on the application window you want to open with and drag it to the upper right corner of the screen. It will resize and set to that place.
2. Now open another app and drag it to the lower right corner in the same way. After dragging it, you will see that the right side has two windows, one above the other.
3. You will see all the other open windows on the left side of the screen. Open another app and drag it to the left upper corner and then 4th to lower left side.
Now you have 4 windows, 4 App working at the same time.
What is Snap Assist in Windows
It is a new feature recently introduced by Microsoft in Windows 10 that enables a user to open and work simultaneously up to four applications or windows. Users need not launch any other program or install any new or third party application to use Snap assist.
How to get started with Snap assist on Windows 10
To open or snap two different programs or windows side-by-side, follow the steps below:
Click the title bar of a window.
Drag the window to the left or right edge of your screen.
Click on the thumbnail of another window that you want to run side-by-side. If window thumbnail is not on the list, open the window manually and drag the thumbnail to the opposite edge of the screen.
This is the short and easy method to snap to windows side by side.
Users can also use the Windows key + left arrow keyboard shortcut to snap a window to the left. Windows key + right arrow to drag screen at the right side and up arrow for full screen.
Split-screen is very useful when the user wanted to increase its productivity by reducing the need to toggle between different windows.
A new feature is introduced by windows 10, which enables a user to work on up to four different applications or windows at the same time simultaneously on a single monitor of a PC or laptop.