The camera on your Windows 10 works automatically but sometimes Laptop Camera Doesn’t Work. There could be many possible reasons for it. The most common one is the driver issue. When the drivers related to the camera pose some issue, it leads to the hampering in it’s working.
Fix Laptop Camera Not Working issue
Today we will deal with such issues and let you know how to deal with it. We will explain the possible reasons behind your laptop camera not working and how to fix the same. So without any further delay, let’s get started.
Solution 1: Use the Hardware troubleshooter
The latest Windows versions come with an advanced troubleshooter to fix issues related to drivers and cameras.
To access hardware troubleshooter, follow these steps:
Open Start Menu > search for Control Panel.
Search for troubleshooting in the search bar and then press enter.
Then click on troubleshooting > view all > hardware > next.
Select your Webcam device and then follow the on-screen guide to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. The troubleshooter will begin automatically and detecting issues with the system.
Solution 2: Update camera driver
Open Start menu > Search for Device Manager.
Open it and then search for Imaging Devices > expand it.
Right-click on the laptop camera > select Update Driver software.
Select Search automatically for updated driver software. I
Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > USB Video device > Next > Restart.
Can’t find the camera in device manager Windows 10
In case you were trying to fix the laptop camera issues through device manager but couldn’t find it. We have got your back. You can add it manually in the device manager by using the Add Legacy option. Here’s how?
- First of all, open the Run window by using the Win + R key shortcut.
- Next, type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
- Go to View > Show Hidden Devices.
- Select Action and choose Add legacy hardware to open the window.
- Click Next.
- Choose the option – Install the hardware that I manually select from a list. Click Next.
- Choose Imaging Devices and click Next.
- Now choose the camera that’s missing from Device Manager and click Next.
- Add the webcam and then finally reboot the system.
- You can fix 0xA00F4244 Error using PCRetailMag.com Guide
Integrated webcam not showing
If your integrated webcam isn’t showing then you should check your antivirus software settings. Sometimes due to security concerns, antivirus forbids the operation of webcam for particular applications. It is also possible that the program you are trying to access the webcam for is raising some security breaches.
Install webcam driver Windows 10
The most common reason behind laptop camera not working is issues related to the camera drivers. So it is recommended to install a driver management tool on your system. The most versatile tool is DriverEasy. It helps you detect the problematic drivers and also update the outdated ones.
Laptop camera not working in Windows 10
Before having a panic attack when your laptop camera doesn’t work in Windows 10, you need to ascertain some facts. First of all, the user should check their program settings that require webcam access. After this, the user needs to check antivirus software settings. If everything turns out to be fine then finally check the drivers.
Why does my webcam not work Windows 10?
Webcam access can be hampered for many possible reasons as explained earlier. When nothing works out for you, simply reinstall the camera drivers. It must definitely be a solution for you. We have explained further how to reinstall your webcam drivers in a possible manner.
How do I activate/turn on the camera in Windows 10?
Follow the steps as given below to activate the camera on your laptop.
- Tap the Windows key and choose Camera in the given list of apps.
- In case you want to access the webcam within another app, try the step given further.
- Tap the Windows button and go to Settings > Privacy > Camera.
- Then finally turn on Let apps use my camera.
- Now turn on each listed apps where you want to access the camera.
How do I reinstall my webcam?
You can follow the stepwise instructions as given below to reinstall your webcam.
- Firstly, right-click the Start button.
- Select Device Manager.
- Next, go to the Imaging devices and tap the arrow in order to expand the list.
- Right-click on camera or your integrated webcam.
- Select Uninstall.
- Reboot the system to apply changes successfully.
- Let the system reinstall the drivers during the reboot process.
- Access the webcam again and it must work fine now.
More information on Laptop Camera Doesn’t Work issue:
Webcam Not Working on Windows 10 is a very common issue for users. Also if you are using Laptop then you may have faced this laptop Camera not Working error. There are many advanced solutions to this issue but the solutions listed above are working fine for us.
If you want to explore more solutions then comment below.