Outlook search is one of the most important tools in the outlook email. When it does not work, it affects your navigation through emails. Sometimes, it will stop working completely and will not give any results. Outlook search not working 2016 can be due to some technical problem present in your outlook email. If your Outlook 2016 Search Not Working then read this article to fix the error.
At The Time Of Outlook 2010 Search Not Working, It Is Advised To Follow The Steps Written Below.
If your search is showing zero results, then one thing can be sure. It may be the case that outlook data file is not checked off for indexing. It is very important to have the Outlook search working properly as it sends the entire client into a problem of malfunction. It is very simple to check if your mailbox is being indexed.
For checking what information you are indexing, you can follow the below steps.
- Go to search option and navigate by using the path: File—-> options —->Search
- In indexing options, click on Indexing options and Modify.
- In old versions of outlook, it was possible to index a single mailbox but in Outlook 2016, either you can index outlook completely, or you cannot index it at all.If you find the mailbox checked
- for indexing, you start disabling and re-enabling of outlook.
For re-enabling and disabling your outlook, follow the steps given below:
- Deselect outlook from indexing.
- Close the outlook.
- Wait for 5 minutes and check whether outlook.exe is present in the process tab.
- Now open the outlook again and go back to select outlook for indexing.
It might be possible that .pst files are corrupted, and that is why outlook indexing problems are coming into existence. You can easily check the file and repair it in outlook 2016 by searching on scanpst.exe file. You can easily find the file on your computer by writing scanpst.exe into the file explorer. If you run this file, it will repair any corrupted pst file.
If indexing is not proper yet, then it might be an index building problem. It is very simple to build an index. It takes the small amount of time. You need to follow the steps for rebuilding the Outlook 2016 search index.
- Click on file and then click on options.
- Now, click on the search which is present on the left-hand side.
- Now, click on the button of indexing options.
- Click on the button Advanced.
- Within Advanced options dialogue box, click on index settings tab and click on the button which says to rebuild.
One thing you should know that search will not work for the time at which indexing is being done. Wait for some time until the rebuilding of an index is done. The time taken to rebuild the index depends upon the number of files which are needed to be indexed. It also depends on the file size. After the index has finished the rebuilding, you can restart the outlook search. Now, Check whether the problem is still existing or not.
Check for outlook updates. It might help in resolving a different kind of search-related issue. Outlook index search not working 2016 is a big technical issue which gives a lot of trouble to an outlook user. Users can call on outlook customer support for any online assistance they need. Experts talk to users and provide them with a complete solution for the trouble that user is facing. Connecting to outlook support number helps you to get the online help to get rid of technical issues.